Tuesday, July 03, 2012

If You Don't Prioritize Your Life, Someone Else Will

If You Don't Prioritize Your Life, Someone Else Will: "If You Don’t Prioritize Your Life, Someone Else Will
Greg McKeown
Saying "yes" when we should be saying "no" can seem like a small thing in the moment. But over time, such compromises can create a life of regrets. Greg McKeown explains how he learned the importance of "no" and why we should all be saying it more often.
"A 'no' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble." So said Mahatma Gandhi, and we all know how his conviction played out on the world stage.

I had the opportunity to apply Gandhi's example of prioritization to my own life, hours before one of my daughters was born. I felt pressure to go to a client meeting the next day. But on this occasion, I knew what to do. It was clearly a time to be there for my wife and child. So, when asked to attend the meeting, I said with all the conviction I could muster..."

No comments: